On the net OR Internet This Is The Question

I have been talking to some of my students about boyfriends and girlfriends (Yes I know what's a teacher talking about these things with his students) I don't normally talk about this stuff because it is just a little to personal. BUT I made this exception because it was about the Internet, and what's been happening with some of my students.
First let's understand "I know my boys and girls personally, I know their mums and dads their sisters and brothers" I'm a very old-fashion type of teacher, who thinks school doesn't stop at the classroom door!; if more teachers thought this way, there would be less violence in school, and lots more communication.

Anyway getting back now. We were talking about how sometimes, they meet someone on the Internet, that they like, and want to start a communication relationship with them. Well I say " Yes by all means, BUT! do be careful, they might not be who the say they are!" I get the regular response. Yeh, okay teacher what do you know, why is that old people like you say these things when it comes to our private lives? Fair question! is what I say, So! I say. "What you don' think us old people have relationships? Well we do and sometimes just like you guys we have them over the net."
Yes even we make mistakes, BUT because we have had some experience with this stuff before we can prepare ourselves for the consequences or outcome .

Look guys all I am saying, and I say it to you as a friend and your teacher " Be careful, I know LOVE is a powerful thing and I know things like SEX becomes an issue , but not everything you read and hear is the truth.
Please remember the assignment we all did together about "Half Truths" remember John said he had won $100.00 at the poker game but what he didn't tell you was that he had used $200.00 to win the $100.00.
Hey politicians, use half truths all the time, they say things like during his term, unemployment was at 5.1 percent. What they don't tell you is that the unemployment was at 10.6 before he went into office.
They just want the guy to look bad so they tell you the truth just not all the truth
My point is not everyone will tell you the entire truth, specially if they want something from you.
JUST BE CAREFUL AND THINK BEFORE YOU SAY OR TYPE ANYTHING ON THE INTERNET. PLEASE.

No comments: